This admission cycle targets learners who will sit for their KCPE examinations in November 2023. Successful applicants will join the Academy in January 2024 for a four-year residential (boarding) programme to study the International Baccalaureate Curriculum in two phases of two years of the Middle Years Programme followed by two years of the Diploma Programme. Applicants must be at least 13 and not more than 15 years of age at the time they are expected to join the Academy. Refugee students who are duly registered are encouraged to apply.
The Academy is an inclusive learning environment, and students with SEND(Special Education Needs & Disability) are encouraged to apply.
Admission is evaluated using the following criteria:
• Academic Excellence
• Leadership and entrepreneurship potential
• Financial need
• Responsible citizenship
• Critical thinking
• Problem solving skills
The form must be filled by prospective students only.
1. Please fill out the application form for 2023 ONLY, as clearly and completely as possible. Please note that the more information you make available to us, the better it is for us to evaluate your application. Forms from previous years WILL NOT be accepted.
2. Attach copies of the following documents, failure to which your application WILL NOT be considered;
a) Birth Certificate.
b) Parent/Guardian ID.
c) Parent Death Certificate, where applicable.
d)Academic transcripts/ reports for class 6 and 7 (if reports for class 8 are available, also submit them.)
e) Evidence of leadership and Co-curricular activity certificates.
f) Payslip of Parent/Guardian if employed.
g) Any other document deemed relevant.
3. Write your first and last name in capital letters at the top of each page as it appears on your Birth Certificate in case the pages detach.
4. Applications should be enclosed in a sealed envelope during submission.
5. Online applications are encouraged. Ensure the application is scanned and attached as a single PDF document.
6. Note that admission into the M-PESA Foundation Academy will be based on an independent application process separate from the national Form 1 application and selections process.
7. All responses MUST be written in the spaces provided within the form and filled by the student applying for the position using his/her own handwriting and words. You are NOT allowed to insert any extra pages.
8. Only Complete Applications will be considered.
9. Note that only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
10. Any omission of the above will lead to automatic disqualification
11. We will verify all the information provided in this application form.
Application deadline is 15th May 2023 Application forms received after 15th May 2023 will not be considered.
You can get application forms in any of the following ways;
1.Online on www.mpesafoundationacademy.ac.ke
2.Physical copies are available at:
•MPESA Foundation Academy, THIKA.
•Safaricom Retail Shops, Countrywide.
•SAFARICOM Headquarters, Westlands.
•Primary School Headteachers through KEPSHA