The M-PESA Foundation Academy is seeking to recruit dedicated Residential Parents to Provide pastoral care and supervision of learners in the dormitories, during non-timetabled time. They also undertake housekeeping inspection and provide frontline medical care.
- Enforce and implement the school routine including wake-up and lights-out times
- Stay in learner’s residential communal areas during nominated hours of duty.
- Conduct learners’ roll call in their residences
- Reside in official accommodation during silent hours and respond to calls/alarms as soon as they are raised.
- Exercise pastoral care of, attend care meetings where required and support learners’ emotional, cultural and intellectual development.
- Support residential prefects in implementation and ensuring adherence to residential rules and inculcation of good manners and courtesy
- Provide first aid, initial medical support and administration of medicines to learners in line with doctor’s prescription in absence of the nurse
- Supervise learners’ personal hygiene, grooming and residential cleanliness
- Supervise official laundry services and pupils’ own laundry activities.
- Maintain close liaison with the Academy Nurse/clinic at all times on matters concerning learners medical care.
- Propose and assist with the organisation of learner trips, tasks, guest speaker series, weekend & evening activities and events throughout the year.
- Motivate, organise, supervise and support learners during practice and rehearsals for sports, school productions and learners’ life activities.
- Residential supplies and resources
- Monitor stocks and make timely requisitions on learners’ supplies, personal effects and uniforms
- Report repairs required in the Residential Maintenance Log
- Monitor and ensure appropriate use of supplies, resources and equipment
- Ensure residential pin boards have relevant and updated notices and display and are well maintained.
- Undertake such other duties as the head of student life may reasonably require
Education and Experience
- Have a Diploma in education, or a social science, community service, sociology. Degree will be added advantage
- Over 5 years experience in similar role at high school
- Age 35 and above
- Has the basic First aid
- Demonstrable counselling, certification in counselling skills added advantage
- Able to communicate effectively at all levels with Learners, and teachers.
- Professional, flexible, conscientious, and able to act with discretion at all times.
- Able to demonstrate a genuine warmth and interest in the learners under his/her care.
- MUST be able to use computer/application program (MS Office applications)
The ideal candidates must embody Curiosity, Leadership, Accountability, Innovation, Responsible Citizenship and Excellence,– the values that will drive life across all elements of The Academy for educators, learners, and staff.
Send your Application Letter and CV Only as one document stating your current position, remuneration, contact details as well as names and contacts (telephone and e-mail address) of three (3) referees familiar with your qualifications and work experience.
Indicating the Title of position and Reference Number on the subject line of your email to firstname.lastname@example.org
Hard copy applications will not be accepted. Only those submitted through Email will be considered.
The closing date for the applications is 20th October, 2017.
M-PESA Foundation Academy is an equal opportunity employer committed to diversity and gender equity within the organization.