Plan lessons in line with national 8-4-4 curriculum, with the aim of ensuring a healthy culture of learning.Teach and evaluate learners through continuous assessment test/ exams and other approved means of assessment, record the progress of learners. The teacher will also support, observe and record the progress of his/her class.
- Ability to prepare and deliver Schemes of work, Lesson plans and Lesson notes based on current curriculum and syllabi,
- Records of Work, Teaching/learning aids, assess learners.
- Administer Examinations on time as per the academic calendar to gauge the learners and Provide feedback to learners in good time. Prepare and maintain learners’ progress records.
- Plan and administer Individualized remedial programs
- Ability to manage teaching time through; punctual and consistent class attendance, observance of the school time table and Attendance of other school activities and staff meetings
- Ability to; Improvise and use locally available resources for effective teaching and learning outcomes. By Integrating technology in teaching and learning process
- Manage student behavior in the classroom and on school premises;
- Undertake counselling duties and supporting learners on an individual basis through academic or personal difficulties;
- Promote, organize and guide Co-curricular and life skills activities to learners to enable them to realize/nurture unique talents and develop them to their full potentials
- Establish and maintain collaborative relationships / communication with educationalists, parents/guardians, Local communities.
- To undertake any other additional tasks as maybe reasonably required by the senior teacher or Director teaching and learning
- A Bachelor’s degree in Education or equivalent;
- At least 5 years teaching experience in a comparable institution;
- Trained Examiner in biology is an added advantage
- Ability to foster a supportive environment for learners and educators to realize their full potential and willingness to work collaboratively;
- Ability to maintain professionalism in all areas;
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills; and
- Demonstrably planning and organizational skills and ability.
The ideal candidates must embody Curiosity, Leadership, Accountability, Innovation, Responsible Citizenship and Excellence, – the values that will drive life across all elements of The Academy for educators, learners, and staff.
Send your Application Letter and CV as one document stating your current position, remuneration, contact details as well as names and contacts (telephone and e-mail address) of three (3) referees familiar with your qualifications and work experience.
Indicating the Title of position and Reference Number on the subject line of your email to email@example.com
hard copy applications will not be accepted. Only those submitted through Email will be considered.
The closing date for the applications is 20th April,2018
M-PESA Foundation Academy is an equal opportunity employer committed to diversity and
gender equity within the organization.