Under the direction of Head of Technology and Learning Innovation, IT Support Assistant will support and assist end users and IT team needs.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Provide technical assistance to end users, including help with passwords and network connections in DC and other offices throughout the organization
- Perform hardware and software maintenance/upgrades on workstations
- Troubleshoot and monitor network
- Maintain an up-to-date inventory of equipment
- Develop internal documentation for key systems and services
- Provide technical training to staff on secure data handling, IT, and ICT policies and procedures
- Support the Head of IT and with projects, as needed
- Other tasks as assigned
Skills and Abilities Required:
- Ability to work effectively with remote team members and staff
- Working knowledge of networking concepts and systems security,
- A fundamental understanding of operating systems including Windows 10 and Mac OSX
- Ability to take accountability for multiple assignments/ projects simultaneously, prioritize workload, organize, and make decisions in a deadline sensitive environment
- Strong analytical skills, good judgment, and critical thinking skills
- Demonstrated ability to maintain a proactive, flexible, inventive approach
- Possess commitment to professionalism and communicability
- Ability to provide excellent customer service, both internally and externally
- Ability to exhibit a collegial attitude and excel within a collaborative team working environment
- Strong ability to communicate effectively (written and verbal) within a multi-cultural environment and with people from diverse cultures.
Computer Equipment and Software Experience Required:
- Must be proficient in Microsoft Office Suite products
- Windows Operating Systems (OSX/iOS experience is a plus)
- Workstation (Laptop/Desktop) Hardware ¥ Printers ¥ Network devices
Education and Experience Required:
- Education: Degree in Information Technology / Information Systems / Computer Science or equivalent years of professional IT training.
- Years of Experience: At least 3 years of full-time professional experience in an IT role.
The ideal candidates must embody Curiosity, Leadership, Accountability, Innovation, Responsible Citizenship and Excellence,– the values that will drive life across all elements of the Academy for educators, learners, and staff.
Send your Application Letter and CV as one document stating your current position, remuneration, contact details as well as names and contacts (telephone and e-mail address) of three (3) referees familiar with your qualifications and work experience.
Indicating the Title of position and Reference Number on the subject line of your email to firstname.lastname@example.org
Hard copy applications will not be accepted. Only those submitted through Email will be considered.
The closing date for the applications is 14th November, 2017.
M-PESA Foundation Academy is an equal opportunity employer committed to diversity and gender equity within the organization.