Under the supervision of the Chef, this position is responsible for cleaning at the catering department.
- Responsible for cleaning of kitchen, stores and dining room and fixed equipment (fridges, ovens etc)
- Washes utensils, such as pots, pans, and trays by hand using cleaning detergents. Washes dish ware, glasses, and cutlery by hand or machine. Occasionally polishes utensils. Drains dries and stacks items after washing.
- Responsible for clearing of kitchen refuse, cleaning of dustbins and cleaning drainage ducts in the kitchen.
- Collecting of ordered food items from the stores to the preparation areas.
- Report any needs for repairs to the chef or dining supervisor for action
- Set up service equipment for food and beverage services at designated points
- Assist in taking inventory of kitchen and dining room equipment and utensils.
- Clean vegetables and fruits at the receiving point and store appropriately.
- Transports food supplies, such as meats, vegetables, fruits, and canned foods from storeroom or freezer, using trolley/basket to kitchen. Returns surplus food to storeroom or freezer.
- Ensure that you are in the appropriate work place attire including personal protective clothing.
- Ensure you safeguard, preserve and protect any property of the academy that may be provided to you or otherwise come to your possession in the course of your work.
- Remember to do proper handing over to your colleague/ colleagues at the end of your duty.
- Maintain and promote a culture of respect and courtesy to the persons being served at all times and communicate any specific difficulties or challenges that may arise to your supervisor without delay
- Certificate in Cleaning and sanitation training from a recognised institution.
- At least 1 year’ experience working in a comparable institution.
- Demonstrated experience in handling the chemicals used in cleaning and sanitation at the catering operation.
- Good interpersonal skills with ability to communicate courteously.
The ideal candidates must embody Curiosity, Leadership, Accountability, Innovation, Responsible Citizenship and Excellence,– the values that will drive life across all elements of The Academy for educators, learners, and staff.
Send your Application Letter and CV Only as one document stating your current position, remuneration, contact details as well as names and contacts (telephone and e-mail address) of three (3) referees familiar with your qualifications and work experience.
Indicating the Title of position and Reference Number on the subject line of your email to email@example.com
Hard copy applications will not be accepted. Only those submitted through Email will be considered.
The closing date for the applications is 20th October, 2017.
M-PESA Foundation Academy is an equal opportunity employer committed to diversity and gender equity within the organization.